- To give recognition to the contribution of the La Touche Family to Ireland and Greystones/Delgany.
- To promote and develop all historical aspects of the town and where possible to promote same.
- To act as a forum for the development of the town
- To enhance and develop the commercial business of the town
- To host an annual conference that is of national interest with delegates from all over the country. A panel of distinguished speakers from the world of business, trade unions and local authorites speak on different themes each year. In addition a friendly invitation is extended to all members of the local community to attend the talks & lectures at a nominal charge (€30 all weekend).
- To promote local groups and associations through financial support, mentoring and networking opportunities
CommitteePresident: Hon. Garech de Brun Chairman: George Jones Secretary: Tom Murphy Seminar administrator: Kay Coughlan Historical Consultant: Michael Mc Ginley & Rosemary Raughter Website Content: Gráinne Mc Loughlin Committee Members: Dr. Tom Hillary, Pat Killelea, Brendan Martin, Aileen Short, Gwen McNiff, Cllr Gráinne McLoughlin & Veronica O'Reilly The La Touche Legacy works very closely with the Greystones Archaeological and Historical Society and full details of events and talks and historical facts can be found on their site.
The La Touche Legacy, since its inception has worked very closely with local groups, organisations, business interests and clubs to help their development. This has been done either with financial support, mentoring or local support.Some of the organisations assisted are as follows: Greystones Chamber: Christmas Lights : Town Map: Restaurant Brochures Town Council anniversary Celebrations: St Vincent de Paul : Shoreline Business Expo Greystones Arts Festival: 150 Year Railway anniversary : Wurzburg Wine Display Albert Hime Plaque: Greystones Tidy Towns Association :Greystones Fair Trade Defibrillators - Greystones 1st Responders : Derek Paine Historical Books People of the Year Awards : Greystones Bowling Club : Educate Together Gaelscoil Clocha Liatha : Greystones Cemetery Group : Greystones Scouts German Band :St Patricks Day Parade : Greystones Arch. & Hist. Society Historical Books by Peter McNiff & Michael McGinley Greystones Restaurant Association : Koni Kats, Greystones : Gourmet Greystones : La Touche Cup, Greystones Football Club
With thanks to the Greystones Municipal District for their sponsorship of this website